Sunday, June 11, 2006

Nokia Isle of Wight Festival Day Three

Today is the final day and should be great fun. The great Maximo Park, Lou Reed, Richard Ashcroft and Coldplay Headlining. So, this was also a busy day. This is quite hard work.. honest!! It was like the other days down here on the island, very hot.. Maximo Park (named after a park in Cuba) are great, very very entertaining and lovely guys.. I first photopgraphed them in Japan last year. I was impressed then and still impressed now. Lou Reed was on a bit later. He has written some amazing songs over the years.. According to many of the people watching his set today, he murdered all of his own songs today.. I must say, I didnt hear much as I was doing various shoots with other bands etc. Richard Ashcroft came on stage and got rather political. He is very good though. Then the headliners, Coldplay. They are exceptional. After shooting that I headed back to the Media Tent and got editing and then after I had finished I headed off out of there and back to the hotel.