Saturday, June 10, 2006

Nokia Isle of Wight Day Two

Today was a busy one.. Ohh those aching muscles.. What with schlepping heavy cameras around all day, it was hard work... Anyway, today we had, The Kooks, Suzzane Vega, The Proclaimers, Dirty Pretty Things, Primal Scream and headlining, Foo Fighters. There were a few more bands and artists performing, but these were the main acts.. Kate Moss turned up and introduced Primal Scream on stage. She did this without much warning at all. I know that quite a lot of photographers missed her do this. She did it really fast. I only just got the shots. Before the Primal Scream show, Kate and Bobby Gillespie of Primal Scream dissapeared off into the crowd and went on the funfair at the back of the festival. Later, when the Foo Fighters were on stage most of Primal Scream and Kate Moss all went again out into the Fairground.. Seemed like they were having fun. After the Foo Fighters I fininshed my editing and got photos out. Then it was getting late, so, packed up my gear and headed out of the festival and off to my hotel. On the way I tried to find somewhere to get some food. But, this wonderful Island seems to shut down at about 9pm and it's a Saturday night.. So, failed on the food front...