Monday, May 29, 2006

Bank Holiday in Manchester

The day started early for me. I checked out of my hotel at about 8.30. I headed over to Manchester United's Old Trafford ground.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford
I arrived and eventually got my accreditation and went into the ground to shoot the England Soccer Team training before their warm up matches prior to the world cup in Germany in a week or so.
David Beckham
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford
So, shot about 20 mins of the training. Then I headed over to the Europa Suite where Sven Goran Erikkson, England Head Coach was holding a press conference.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford
I shot that and then after Sven, England defender Rio Ferdinand came in for a quick press call. All quite interesting. The press were all just asking about Wayne Rooney, will he make it to the world cup with his broken toe or not.
After all of the England events. I prepared myself for the next shoot. This was Sir Elton John at the Manchester Evening News Arena. Funnily enough, in Manchester.. There were about 5 or six photographers shooting this.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford
We were only allowed to shoot one song.. Luckily it was Benny and the Jets.. Which is about 6 or 7 mins long.. So, thank you Elton..
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford
Before Elton came on he was introduced by the one and only comedian Peter Kay. Who is hilarious. After the show, I quickly sent some of my shots out to the papers etc etc and the got in my Jam Jar (car for those who dont speak cockney rhyming slang) and headed off to London. It was about 12:30am when I left Manchester... I got back to London a lot faster than when I came up on Saturday..