Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sir Elton John at Charlton Football Club

The sun is shining and it is a wonderful day again. I am heading off to Charlton in South East London to shoot the show. I know I seem to be going on about the past etc etc. I know I go on and on, but, the last time I was at Charlton Football Club was in May 1976. I was there with The Who. That day I took shots of the performance and great backstage shots of Keith Moon pouring a bottle of Vodka over the head of Norman Gunston and Australian TV host. I was the only person who shot that.. Anyway, that was a long time ago. Today, Elton is playing to a packed crowd.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford
I did shoot him a week or so ago in Manchester and I was rather hoping for him to have been wearing different clothes.. Well, he wasnt. He wore exactly the same clothes as Manchester. We were allowed to shoot the first 2 songs only. Well that is a 100% increase on the last gig, which was one song.