Thursday, June 08, 2006

Kiri Te Kanawa at Hampton Court Palace

Well, its that time of year again. I really enjoy shooting the Hampton Court Palace Music Festival. It's such agreat place. I wonder what Henry VIII would have thought of this, what with all of these entertainers in his palace.. I suppose he would have loved it.. Anyway, today was classical singer Kiri Te Kanawa, Prince Charles thinks she is great, so I hear. I arrived and expected the first 3 songs fromn just in front of the stage. Well, no such luck. I was informed by the PR company in charge, that they had just been instucted that it was one song and I was to shoot from the back of the arena. Ummm, marvelous... Anyway, that is what I did. The first song seemed to last only about two to three minutes. In that time I seemed to have upset one lady, who was rather annoyed at the sound of my camera... She turned round and shouted 'Shut Up'.. Rather rude, I thought. I had, prior to the concert starting, appoliges in advance to all of the people around the area I was shooting from. I ahd explained that I would only be there for one song. They all seemd okay, except her. I suppose she had a point. But, there was nothing I could do. I had to shoot. Even though, I had only a couple of mins and was a bloody long way away. I left swiftly after the song and tio tied down the back stairs. Only to make the stairs creek and make an awful noise. I am losing weight, honest.. The PR girl swith me was also a bit shocked at the rudness of the women.. So, once outside on this beautiful summers evening, I packed away my gear and headed off into the sunset..