Friday, June 09, 2006

Nokia Isle of Wight Festival Day One

I drove down to Portsmouth on the south coast of England and caught a car ferry across to the Isle of Wight. I did catch the earliest ferry I could get on, but that was quite late in the afternoon, about 5pm. I drove straigh to my hotel and checked in and quickly dropped my bads, headed straigh to the Festvial in Newport. I arrived got my pass and headed off to find my way into the Media Tent. The got straight on with it. I missed Goldfrapp, which was a shame. But got delayed getting into the park and therefore couldnt get into the pit. So, the first band I shot was Placibo. Old Brian didnt move around at all. In fact he stood in front of his microphone and didnt really even change his expression.. So, this kind of limits what we photographers can do..
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford
A little later on came The Prodigy. Now they do move, in fact it is abit like shooting a soccer game.. They move soooooo fast. Got some really dramatic shots. They were brilliant. I love them. Quite an amazing stunning band.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford
I then headed back over to the media tent and edited up the shots.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford

There were many nice familar, friendly, faces in the media tent. This made that part of the day quite pleasant. After all of my editing, I walked out of the park and headed off to my car. Then aimed at the hotel. When I arrived I continued editing as there would be no time for that tomorrow. At about 3:30 went to bed and tried to get some sleep ready for a busy day.