Saturday, May 27, 2006

UNICEF Soccer Aid in Manchester UK

I left London at about midday. Headed up the wonderful M1 motorway or Freeway to any Americans reading this. Almost as soon as I started I hit traffic. This was one hell of a journey. To make it a short story, this trip should have taken about 2 and a half hours but it took me 7 plus. I actually arrived at Manchester United's home ground, Old Trafford as the game was under way.. Anyway, after waiting outside for a steward to show me into the ground, I got in and quickly got my gear out and got photographing.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford
There were quite a few footballing Celebes on the pitch. This was England versus Rest of the world after all.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford
Robbie Williams had done agreat job of pulling the big names in for this event. Even the legendary, Maradonna had flown from Argentina.. Not to be confused with Madonna who I had just shot in LA last week. Anyway I did manage to get some nice shots. At half time I bumped into Rob Cable, who was also shooting this event. The game finished England 2 - Rest of the World 1.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford
Rob and I had a chat and then after the game both wandered out and said goodbye. He was heading back to London, I was staying as I was shooting more in Manchester over the next few days..