Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Tokyo to London

I got up at about 6:30am. Didnt get much sleep. Had a shower, packed my bags and headed downstairs to check out of the hotel. I then walked outside the hotel where the "Friendly" Limousine Bus was waiting for all of us who had booked the trip to Narita. On I got and then shortly headed off through the Tokyo rush hour to Narita airport. The journy took about 2 hours. I still find it odd that the airport takes so long to get to and from the city. Anyway, at the airport, I checked in and headed through security. Then went wandering around the duty free for a while.. I didnt manage to buy anything though. Then went and boarded the plane and off we headed to London. I was one of the first people on the plane. I wasnt running, honest. Anyway, whilst sittingt there, the air hostess who was working on my section, said that we were in for a bumpy landing.. She had been warned by the captain. Apparently the weather was awful in London and the crew who had just flown the plane out from London had told the new crew to prepare yourself. Well its lucky I like flying eh! Otherwise, I could have been worried all the way home. So, when we got to Heathrow airport in London, we had quite a smooth landing. So much for the warning then. Got through customs and then all stopped. There was a bomb scare in Terminal 3 and we were held in the customs hall whilst they evacuated the Terminal.. Eventually we were allowed to contine through and out I went and headed off. Must admit I was a little bit tired.