Friday, November 11, 2005

The One and Only Billy Idol

Billy Idol was playing in London for the first time in 12 years, so I belive.. He was performing at Brixton Academy in London. I havent seen him for years. We were once quite friendly in about 1978 or 1979.
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford
I remember him amongst other coming to the opening party at my studio in Islington, London. This studio was on the top floor of a big building just off Goswell Rd. We had a great roof top area where I could do some daylight shoots. One of the shoots I did up there was with Madness. I do have some great memories of that time. So, back to Brixton and Billy.. He seeme dto have all of the charisma that he always had. I only shot the first 3 songs, but what I saw of the show through my lens was great. Billy did come over to me at one stage and gave the thumbs up to my camera.
Copyright 2oo5 Danny Clifford
I wouldnt have thought for one minute though that he would have know it was me.. Great to see him back.. He is really a legend now isnt he.