Friday, November 18, 2005

Tokyo and The Hobgoblin

I was having real trouble at the hotel, there was High Speed internet, but the room was not quite all it should be. So I moved out to another hotel, this time in Shinjuku. This hotel promised me High Speed Internet. Well, when I got there I suppose they may have had a point, I can have high Speed Internet, but they cant provide it.. So, the silly bugers didnt have it. There was a very slow donkey powered version of the internet in the robby. Which was no good as I nbeed it in my room where I like to work. So, one night here and I will move tomorrow. So, as I need to get on the internet urgently to check emails etc I head over to meet up with Sean Brophy, the reputable businessman and upstanding ex-patriot of the motherland (coventry to be precise) and there he was, in his own words...Bladdered. Finally asleep on the floor.
Sena Brophy - Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford
So, I got on the internet and worked from th eHobgoblin. Th eonly problem now was, my japanese phone doesnt work in the Hobgoblin as it is deep underground.. So, I cant win.. I t was quite late when I finished and headed back over to Shinjuku to the wonderful, internet free hotel. Managed to get to sleep at about 4: 30am. But at 7:30 am local time (tokyo) I was woken by an urgent telephone call from a picture desk in NY, they are 14 hours behind Tokyo, time wise. I have to say it was a good news call. However, that was it couldnt sleep anymore. I stayed up and that was that..