Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Philistines

I headed down to East London. I was going to see my mates in The Philistines.. They are such a great bunch. Glen Matlock (original bass guitarist with The Sex Pistols) was on fine form. Glen was waiting outside The Rhythm Factory having a cup of tea.. I waited with Glen and then saw amongst the crowd, Koozie & Chris from the band, Ray McVeigh was running late.. I was outside, there was a reasonable crowd outside just milling about and chatting whilst having a drink, when I saw Michelle from The Magic Numbers, one of my favourite bands.. The last time I saw her was in Shibuya, Tokyo when we said goodnight after an eventful night out in a Karaoke bar.. She was here at The Rhythm Factory to see the band. I introduced her to Glen Matlock whilst we were having a soft drink outside. Michelle said that they (The Magic Numbers) were headlining at Bestival on the Isle of Wight tomorrow, Friday night. Glen lives on the Isle of Wight and Michelle has put him on the guest list as he would be back down there tomorrow. I am sure he will love them.. They are brill.. Anyway, we went inside and Glen & the boys got it on.. They were as usual bloody fantastic.. They only did a short set, but the songs were great. The sound was good as well. Just from my perspective it was a bit sad as the audience had more light on them than the band. It was therefore horrible to photograph.. It wasn't vital that I got shots tonight or I would have been forced to use a flash, which I hate to do. After the gig I said my goodbyes and headed off home..