Friday, September 02, 2005

Iron Maiden in aid of Clive Burr

Into London before the gig to meet up with Nicko. There was a real buzz around Hammersmith tonight. So, many familiar faces.. I soon bumped into Robert Richards and Patrick Hegan and Victoria. I went backstage and said hello to the band. It was all very relaxd back there. Nicko was in great form as usual. He had some of his Jaguar mates down from Coventry. I had shot the whole show at Reading Festival where they headlined at the weekend. So, didnt need to shoot much more today. However, I did want to get some nice new shots of Nicko on his drums..
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford
So, I spent most of my time during this gig sitting behind Nicko and shooting whenever the lighting permitted.
After the gig I headed off to the aftershow party. I took Steven Lewis and Robert with me. This was held at Sanctuarty Records head office, just behind Olympia, London. Eventually the whole band showed up, one by one.. They were all really happy and having a great laugh. Clive Burr was also there with his family. My mate George Chin was the Official Photographer for the gig at Hammersmith. I thought they were using Ross Halfin for this, but it seems that Rod Smallwood has now switched to now using George who is a fine photographer and a very nice guy.
I think I have a trapped nerve in my right arm and this was really starting to hurt. So, I decied to slope off from th eafter show and go home. I gave Steven Lewis a lift and then I buggered off home myself.