Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Pixies & The Futureheads at Alexandra Palace

Off to Alexandra Palace to shoot The Featureheads who were support to The Pixies. I was with the Futureheads at Reading Festival last weekend. I first met them in Japan, up at the Fuji Rock Festival. We then hung out a bit in Tokyo, they are very nice guys..
So I shot the show and then after them shot The Pixies. I had shot Frank Black and co last weekend as well at The Reading Festival. At Reading the stage was very high and we were very close to it. Subsequently, we were shooting up their noses, so to speak. Here at Alexandra Palace it is a slightly duifferent set up. We are very close to the stage, but fortunatly it's not anything like as high. So, This time I get very different pictures. They are also wearing different clothes.. So all quite good really..
James Quinton was also shooting the gig and he managed to blag a lift from me. So, I dropped him at Kings Cross station. He tells me he is buying a car in a few days, so, a message to the residents of East London, watch out for him driving a small Peuogeot around town like a mad man..
The Favours were playing tonight at The Dublin Castle, in Camden Town, London.. I really wanted to get down there to see them. But sadly, didnt have time at all to get over there. I am sure it would have been a great gog. They are going to be HUUUUUGE.. Watch out for them.. They are really brilliant.
After dropping off James I headed off to meet up with Babyshambles at the studio where they are mixing their first CD. Mick Jones from The Clash was also there, as Mick is producing it. I had my laptop with me and Adam and Mick looked through the photos of the Babyshambles gig at Reading. They hadnt seen them before.. The gig was mad at Reading, what with a sort of mini riot. I didnt hang around too long and headed off home to start edoiting up the The Futureheads and The Pixies.. Managed to get to bed at about 4 AM..