Friday, August 26, 2005

Reading Festival Day 1

I headed off to Reading for day one of the Reading Festival. Firstly I went and met up with my old mate Scott. He lives in the Reading area and we planned to park my car at his house and then he was driving me into the site. He was working at the site, running a team of security and girls who sell Marlborough ciggarettes all around the festival. Thinking about it, this is quite a logistical nightmare. Anyway, we arrived at the site and I picked up my passes and got straigh into it. The first band I shot were called The Wedding Present. The weather was OK, but looked like we could be in for some rain sometime.. The bands were coming up on stage fast. Anyway, I just got on with it. I shot, Fightstar, Kasabian, Graham Coxon, The Killers, then Headlining were The Pixies. There were a few people backstage that I shot as well. The funny one was, comedian Mark Lamar. I did a few shots from a distance of him and then made my way over to him. I asked him I if could take a few shots. He saw my photo credentials, which showed I was shooting for the UK newspaper, The Sun, he said 'NO' you cant. Oooops what have The Sun done to him.. I certainly didnt know. This ended up a very late night as I then had to edit up all of my images as I was going and get them out ASAP. I finaly met up with Scott and his girlfiend Mandy late and we then drove slowly out of the site and back to thier house. I then sampled some of Scotts cooking and I left and drove home. When I got back sent some more images out and then finally went to be at about 4am.. Go to get sup soon and get back to Reading..