Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Iggy Pop at Hammersmith Apollo - London

Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford
Down to Hammersmith to shoot Iggy Pop (The Stooges). I met up
with my mates Glen Matlock, Ray McVeigh and Koozie Johns outside. The placee seemed far more crowded than normal.. Must have been very sold out. I waited ouside with all of the other photographers and I passes were brought out to us.. After the crowds had subsided we were led around the back and in the side door to shoot the show. As we got to the side door we could hear that Iggy was already on stage.. In we rushed.. It was all a bit mad in there.. Luckily I had already got my cameras out of my case and ready to shoot.. We all got straight into it and as we did, Iggy started to hit the photographers.. He was kicking us and swinging his microphone at hi speed around our heads.. I must admit it didnt bother me at all. I just got on with it shooting all the way through it.. He is one hell of an entertainer.. The wonderful James Quinton took a shot of me in the photo pit with Iggy. I think its a really nice shot.. That is me in the middle, blue shirt and laughing at Iggy. Mind you I need to lose weight... Starting today, honest...











Copyright 2005 James Quinton