Friday, December 02, 2005

It's all hotting up...

Today started with my phone ringing off the hook. It has been quite a day. The Times newspaper ran the story and my intervoew today. It was a full page. There were also 5 of my photos there as well. I have had loads of magazines, Newspapers ringing me today asking for an interview.. All quite odd for me. I am normally the other side of the camp here if you know what I mean. I am overseeing the printing of the photograophes for the Babyshambles Exhibition. The exhibition opens to the public at The Proud Gallery on Wednesday 7th to 18th of December at The Old Sony Ericsson Proud Galleries 10 Greenland St,Camden, London NW1 0ND 0207 839 4942 www.proud.co.uk
I understand that the interest in the exhibition has been quite remarkable.. So, this should be an interesting event.
Here is the full page article that appeared in The Times in the UK today.
I spoke to my mate Gerry O'Boyle today. He was heading to the airport. He was off to meet up with Shane MacGowan and his Butler in Tangiers. I thought about going down there to do some shots of Shane and his Butler, but sadly I really didnt have enough time. I still have too much to do before the exhibition launch on Tuesday. I really would love to have gone down there for a day or two. Can you imagine the amazing photos I could have got of Shane in that environment.. It would have been fantastic. When the exhibition is out the way, I will start to concentrate on shooting more of Shane. Oh and his Butler of course!!
Shane is due to be back on Tuesday. He has threatened to come to my exhibition launch and sing a few numbers with The Lancaster Bombers. Gerry said he will probably do a punk version of 'She'l be Comin Round The Mountain When She Comes'. I cant wait, it sounds like its going to be mad...