Monday, November 28, 2005

Missy Elliot

Mad busy day today in and out of london like a yoyo. Then back into Hammersmith to shoot Missy Elliot at Carling Apollo Hammersmith. I only found out I was shooting this show a few hours before the eevent, otherwise I was heading down to the wonderful (not) south London suburb of Brixton to shoot the Bravery. They are great, I shot them a few tiems this year in the UK and last year for that matter. Also, I shot them at Fuji Rock and in Tokyo, Japan. So, why am I talking about them when I actualy went to Missy Elliot. I must be loosing it a bit.. So, eventually, Missy Elliot came on stage at about 10pm. This was very very late. Whilst I and about 2o other photographers were waiting in the photo pit I was tapped on the shoulder by a fan standing at the barrier behind me. He told me I wasnt allowed to stand there in his way.. Umm, well firstly I wasnt in his way, the pit is lower than where he was standing and I wasnt in front of him. Anyway, he was quite angry and up for a bit of trouble. I told him not to worry as I would keep down low and try and keep out of his way, also I would only be there for the first 3 songs.. He then immediatly became my best friend.. Which is nice.. I dont think I will ever be lonely again. With lunatics like him, I feel that London is a safer place.. (only joking).