Sunday, November 27, 2005

Ian Brown at Brixton Academy

Working very hard today as I need to get ready for the impending Babyshambles Exhibition. Later I headed to the Brixtion Academy to photograph Ian Brown formerly of the Stone Roses.. This was his second day at Birxiton and all seemed sold out..
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford
There was only one other photographer and I there. So, lots of room for us in the photo pit. Mind you the lighting was rather poor.. This made it more difficult that usual. But hey, it dosn't matter. I just got on with it..
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford
It appeared to me that Ian Brown was playing up to our cameras a bit. This I really appreciated as it makes shots more interesting. Anyway, it was over in a matter of mins and I mad my way out and walked in the freezing weather to my car about a mile away. Brixton is getting very very lively on the street. There are a lot of people on the street who seem to be looking for a bit of action. Not the type of action that I want.. Especially as I have camera equipment with me and they are looking like they would have it if they knew what was in my bag..
Got back home and received an email from the one and only Barry McGuigan. He is such a lovley man. As well as being bloody hard. World champ boxer an all that. So, Barry emailed me to say that he cant make it to the opning of my exhibition as he will be in Ireland for the funeral of the legend George Best. Anway, Barry and I will catch up in the near future.. He may well go and join Paul Carrack on stage in the next month. Barry sings and bloody well too. His dad was also a great singer. He used to sing at the begining of Barry's big fights back in the 80's and also nearly won the Eurovison Song Contest for Irleand.