Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Faithless & Interview with The Times in the UK

I had an interview booked with The Times newspaper. They wanted to have a chat about my exhibition next week of Babyshambles photos. So, I had a chat with the journalist, Phoebe Greenwood from the Times. We seemed to chat for ages, about an hour. She seemed very nice and also had quite a good knowledge of Pete Doherty and Babyshambles. She wasnt out to crucify Pete or the band. Over all it was a nice interview.
I got my cameras together and headed off to my favourite part of London, bloody Brixton. I do like the Academy here in Brixton. But the bloody area is horrible.. Nothing but grief and aggro. You have to take you life in your own hands whenever you are there. So, tonight is Faithless. Dance music eh!! Well, they are great.. Really powerfull and very very impressive. I only saw the first 3 songs, but as I was shooting them the music just filtered through my ear plugs and it sounded great. The lighting was quite mad as well. I really liked it. Lots of back light and flaring lights from all angles..That is always quite chalenging. It automatically wakes me up as you have to really think fast and get it togther or you aint gonna get any shots at all.. All in all a great gig and I was very happy with the photos. I then left and walked about a mile through the wild west back to my car. Got in it, locked the doors and buggered off out of there..