Saturday, October 29, 2005

The Paddingtons Album Launch

This was to be a late one.. I arrived at The Mean Fiddler in Charring Cross Rd, London at about 10;45 pm.. The Paddingtons were playing here toninght to celebrate the launch of their new CD. I met up with photogrpaher, Joe Kerr outside (really nice chap). We got inside and waited a while, until all of the band had arrived. Then we may our way to the dressing room and did some shots of the band before the gig. We then made oour way to the front of the stage. There was no photo pit. Boy it was going to be fun.. and it was.. The crowd were extremely active... Lots of pushing swaying etc. I had to use quite a high shutter speed or they would have all been blurred.. I managed to get away from the front of the stage and get around the side and up onto the stage. I thought Joe was going to try and do this as well. But, I think he was rather stuck in the crowd. The gig ended very shortly after I got round the back.. I did manage to get some cool shots though... I headed straight out of there as soon as my gear was packed away.. It was about 2:30 ish.. I headed for my car which was parked about 10 mins walk away. When I got in my car and started driving I got stuck in a traffic hold up.. This was mad.. If you coinsider that it was now heading on for 3 am.. I just sat there for bloody ages. Amazing the trafic in London these days.