Thursday, August 11, 2005

Pete, Kate & Babyshambles

Spoke to the lads in Babyshambles, they told me they would all be at a pub in Islington. They were planning to play there as well tonight.. I took down some photos for them to look at that I had taken of them when they were recording their new album.. I think I posted one or two of them on my diary a while ago. ANyway, I went ton to this boozer and there they all were. Pete arrived with Kate and the General. Inside we all went and what a mirky place it was too.. We all squeezed past the sweaty crowd. Almost feeling our way as they was hardly any light in there. Babyshambles did about 45 mins. Somone said that Kate actually got on stage and sung, it was so dark I didnt see that though. Pete, Kate, Adam, Drew & The General, squeezed into the dressing room. This was basically a single toilet / dressing room. It was unbelievably small. I did a couple of photos and said I am off. Just in time I suppose as Pete was getting on the sauce !!
As I squeezed through the crowd aiming for the front door, in came about 40 police in protective clothing. It was a raid.. Ummm time to leave I thought.. I got outside and all came tumbling out, Pete was now without Kate and he and I woith Ronnie, Matt and others walked down the street, whilst Pete & ALan Wass were singing and playing accoustic guitar. The police were trying to move us on and succeeded. I decided it was time to go and headed off to get my car.. Home time yeehaa!!