Sunday, July 31, 2005

Fuji Rock Sunday 31st July

Got up and it was sunny! Hooray..
Left the hotel and headed straight down to the first stage to shoot The Magic Numbers.. I shot the show then did a photoshoot with them all. They are bloody great.. I know I alsways seem to say how good bands are, but I only generally go on about the good ones. they are really nice people as well. I had to wait a while outside there green room (Tent) as they were having a heated discussion about the sound on stage.. I could see during the gig that they were having problems, although, the sound was great out front.. They didnt know that though. There songs are real and refreshing.. A major step back to great music with great harmonies.. There is something very special about them.. If yo uget a chance check thgem out.. As soon as I had finished with them, I went off with Kid Carpet to do a photo shoot. We did sopme mad photos. he is a real character, very funny and entertaining. He neeeds a mojor TV slot.. I think Jonathan Ross in the UK and Jay Leno in the states would be good, Mind you, it would also be great to see The Magic Numbers on their as well.

Asfter I finished with kid Carpet, I ran back over to the stage where Aqualung were playing. I have never seen them before. Sorry to sound boring, but, they were bloody great.. I only managed to get the last few songs. I then did a quick shhot with them back stage. they gave me their japanese CD. Really nice guys and great music.. Now here is a funny thing. They old me that they are on their way to LA next to do The Jay Leno show.. Funny that.. I am sure they will go down very very well in the USA. The next band I shot was The Futurheads.. Great live band, full of energy and exciting songs as well. After the show I did a shoot with them. We only had a few mins, in fact seconds, but managed to get a bit of a Japanese feel about it..

I then headed back to production to meet up with Chris Musto. We downloaded all of my images onto his laptop and I headed back out to shgoot some more.. This tiem it was to shoot the wonderfull Coral. I took a ride on this occasion in their bus. This saved me a bloody long wet walk. had a brief chat in the bus. Some of them remebered me from the last time I we met, which was a year or so ago at the Teenage Cancer Trust concert at the Albert Hall, London, where they supported The Who.. Once I had finished with them I shot over to another stage to do a shoot with New Order, then shoot their show. Had a nice chat with their manager backstage as he is into photography, seemed to know quite a bit about it really.. Als, was a very nice chap.. I then hot footed back to Production where I met up again with Chris.. We are supposed to be going back to Tokyo tonight at midnight.. He told me that he now has to stay up here at Naeba until Tuesday.. So, I will travel back on my own as I am going to meet up with The Kaiser Cheifs and The Bravery. I dont supose I will get back to Tokyo until about 4 or 5am.. Now the other problem I have is that Chris has most of my images on his laptop... he wont be with me until Tuedsay.. It just seems to get worse and worse on the Techi side.. Oh well.. Better sign off as I need to check out of my hotel and get my bags down to meet my driver.. to head off to Tokyo..