Saturday, August 06, 2005

New Laptop

I got up and went and met up with Jon.. We then got on our way to a computer shop, where I bought a new laptop. Jon advised me to get a smaller one.. Easier to carry etc etc.. But, no not me, I needed the biggest one in the store.. I was jet lagged and panicking. Kind of knee-Jerk reactions here.. Anyway, I didn't listen and got the big Sony Vaio 17" monitor ummm.. Well after an hour or so, I realised that Jon, as always was right, I should have bought the smaller screen, same power, just smaller and lighter.. What a tosser I am. Well I wont admit that I got the wrong one. Anyway, I don't think Jon reads my diary anyway. I cant stop thinking about a TV advert in the UK at the moment. A guy goes into a store to buy a light bulb, the shop assistant says, we have these standard bulbs, or you van have a long life bulb for the same money. The guy waits and thinks, then says, no, I will just have the standard one. The assistant just looks at him puzzled and lets him buy that standard one. Next scene he is at home standing in a room with no shoes on and he is opening a box of sharp tacks or drawing pins, to put on a cork board on the wall. Then he drops the lot all around his feet. Remember he has no shoes or socks on. As he looks down, the standard bulb blows and the room is in darkness.. There is a moral in there somewhere.. I should have listened to Jon.. Funny advert though !!