Sunday, October 02, 2005

Off to Norwich but Norwich is Off

I headed off towards Norwich on England's East coast. I was heading up there to meet up with Pete Doherty and all in Babyshambles.. I must admit I was really quite excited about seeing them performing again.. Yes I am addicted !! I left London and headed on my way mid afternoon.. It's a fairly long way from London.. The roads are not designed for swift travel up there. They seem a bit rural, great fun if you have a tractor or any other agricultural vehicle. So, there I was with young Ed riding shotgun and I get a phone call from a friend of mine telling me that Pete Doherty has been arrested for class A drugs. Apparently this happened last night in Shrewsbury after the gig.. I then immediately phoned up Adam the drummer in the band and asked if this was true. Sadly it was. Adam told me that the gig in Norwich was now off. So, around we turned and headed back down to London. I then heard that Pete had been released from custody. I really do hope that he isn't in trouble. I am sure that the police are looking to make an example of Pete at the moment.
I dropped Ed off in Barnes and headed off home..