Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Babyshambles Birmingham

I met up with Pete, Adam, Drew & Patrick in Birmingham. We spent an hour or so on the tour bus. Pete had an old schoolmate of his on the bus. There were lots of stories and reminiscing about their school days in Coventy. Pete was having a bit of trouble with one of his implants. He has implants to prevent him from going back onto Heroin. They seem to work, but were obviously giving him a biot of a hard time. One of the implants was working its way out of his stomach. This sounds awful, but it was just making its way out. All a bit grim.. Anyway we did a photo shoot of the band on the tour bus. The band then all seemed to go off in different directions. Pete, Adam and I were still on the tour bus. Pete said come on lets go out and take some photos. So, off we went and did a photo shoot out in the streets. When we finished, we wandered back into the tour bus.. Ronnie part of the crew had now arrived back and had a bucket of chicken from the local KFC.. He offered me some. I didn't fancy it. I gave that up years ago.. My cousin Nathan refers to KFC as Heart Attack food.. He aint wrong. The Paddingtons were now going on stage. I went into the photo pit to shoot the show. I only shot the first two songs. The security in the pit hadn't been told that I could shoot the whole show..I didn't want to argue and left the pit.
Babyshambles then made there way onto the stage. The Carling Academy in Birmingham was mobbed. The crowd went mad when the band came on. This was without doubt, one of the best gigs I have seen in recent years. The music is fantastic and the show so unbelievably entertaining. One never knows what is llikely to happen next. There is never a set list in sight. They don't seem to have a pattern. However, it is amazing and raw. It is so much like the old days when I started in this business.. I am finding Babyshables addictive.. I am not alone in my addiction. Several of my associates that write about or have some invlement withem feel the same. I cant wait for their first album to be released. I believe it will now be mid November.