Monday, September 26, 2005

Babyshambles in Nottingham

Off to Nottingham with Babyshambles. I decided to drive there from London and meet the band there. I arrived there at about 9pm. Got in saw the band in the dressing room and then. The band went on about 10 pm. I shot the show from on the stage.
There were a few photographers in the pit for the first two songs only. I just felt that it would be nicer to shoot from on stage. As it was, the lighting was pretty poor for all of us..
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford
Occasionally there was enough light to get some pleasant photos, but mostly I was struggling. Being on stage with them reminds me of the days when I first started this. I am not sure if I have mentioned this before, but they are so laid back about things that it does take me back. These days there are stage managers, production managers, tour managers, managers, assistants, technicians etc etc etc.. All of which try and control the stage and every other part of the industry. So, having the freedom that I have with Babyshambles is a revelation. I just wish the lighting was better. I went backstage afterwards and then headed out to the tourbus behi8nd the venue. There was a gathering crowd there trying to get to meet the band.
I had a call from Colin Tennant from Premier drums. He and his mate had been at the show. They met me around the back and I introduced them to Adam, the drummer in babyshambles. Soon after this I cleared off to my hotel. I didnt fancy the aftershow at a club in Nottingham. So, had an early night at about 1 am.. Well, that was nice.