Sunday, October 09, 2005

Littl 'ans in Liverpool

I left Leeds and headed across the country to Liverpool. I always love going to Liverpool. On my way I could help but to come off the M62 at Saddleworth Moor, infamous for the Moors murders ( Myra Hindley & Ian Brady). Took some shots on the moor out there in the middle of nowhere.
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford
I also shot some nice old Yorkshire farms etc.
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford

Then got back on track and off to Liverpool. I had arranged to meet up with The Littl 'ans at Albert Dock. I arrived there and could get them on their manager Josh on his cell phone, as his battery had given up the ghost. As I couldn't get them I knew that they should call me. In the meantime I went for a trip down memory lane. Well in fact it was Penny Lane.. I couldn't resist it. I am a huge Beatles fan.. So there I was like a real tourist driving along Penny Lane. I actually stopped next to a road sign that said Penny Lane (Sad I know) and grabbed one of my cameras and took a shot of it.
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford
The moment I took the shot, as if by magic, on my radio came Penny Lane, by the Beatles.. How freaky is that. I couldn't quite believe it.. Really weird. I only wish someone was with me to witness that. Later I called my little brother Simon in LA to tell him. He too is a big Beatles fan. Next time he is over I think I will run him up to Liverpool.
I then got a call from Josh the manager of the Littl 'ans and he and the band were now at Albert Dock. I headed straight back there, met up with them and we did a very quick photoshoot.
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford
They are a great band and very nice to work with. There new single, featuring Pete Doherty is out on 17th October in the UK on Rough Trade Records www.littlans.com/releases.htm check out this link and you can see the video of the song and if you look carefully you can see me in there a few times as well. Anyway, the song is fantastic.. They are going to be BIG...