Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Bristol with Babyshambles & The Little'ans

I arrived in Bristol late in the afternoon. Made my way into the venue. The band were out in different directions. Adam was out eating, so was Drew. Didn't kknow where Patrick was, but Pete was on the tour bus having a sleep. Whilt I was acquainting myself with the Bristol Carling Academy, I was standing by the back stage door when Pete's mum arrived with Petes sister and a few cousins. They weren't allowed in as they didn't have passes. They were kept waiting for ages by the door. All quite embarrassing really. They did finally get in. The support band were a band called The Little'ans. They are bloody great. I did a quick shoot with them in their dressing room.
The Litte 'ans
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford
Really talented and very nice people. I then went straight down and photographed the show. Although the lights were not that great. Usual problem with support bands. Litte 'ans have a single out on the 17th of October on Rough Trade Records. The song is great.. The video of this song was filmed the night when Babyshambles played a small gig at the Duke of Clarence pub in Islington, London. I was watching this on MTV recently when I realised I am in the video a few times.
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford

Babyshambles then came on and played yet another fantastic show.. In some respects the set up seems so much more professional. However, they still seem to be having a few bad elements hanging out with them. During the show, they presented Patrick with a birthday cake as it was his birthday. They also opened a few bottles of champagne as well..
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford


After the gig, I made a swift exit as I had to head back to London. Its only about an hour and a half to London, but it was late and I am shattered.. This rock n roll life style eh.. I think I need to have a sleep in the afternoons now and have me pipe and slippers at the ready. Second thought, I think I have a few years left before that happens.