Thursday, July 28, 2005

Fuji Rock Thursday 28th July

Chris, Ruby and I went to the Fuji Rock promoters office in Tokyo at about 11am. Met up again with Johnnie Fingers. I hadnt seen him before this trip to Japan for about 20 years or more.. He hasnt changed much at all. We were then transported by the promotors to Mount Naeba.. This ride took about 4 hours. We arrived at Maount Naeba late in the afternoon, checked into the Prince Hotel on site and then headed out to the first stage for the opening act.. I was told that there would be little or no internet up here.. This has proved to be irrelevent as my laptop has now died.. Big problems for me now.. Getting great photos but firstly not being able to send them out and nowewhere to save them.. Thanks to Chris Musto I am now putting them on his Apple laptop, which foreign to me as I am a PC boy.. The weather up here is incredibly humid. With sudden outbursts of tropical rain. We are way up in the mountains here. It also is very jungle like in places. There are about 6 stages and there is about half an hour to an hours awalk between stage.. So, after carrying all of my gear and trying to keep it all dry and walking about 20 miles today. I am fine. I ache all over and am pretty frustrated about the laptop disaster, but it is truly awonderful place and I am glad I am here..