Saturday, July 16, 2005

Paul Weller

Paul Weller
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford


Guilfest beckons.. Nice drive down to Guildford in Surrey.. I parked up and wandered in to the festival.. There were so many happy snappers there.. Only a few serious photographers.. Lots of the happy snappers looked like they had bought there cameras en-route to the festival.. I don't mind them, but I do object when they get in your way on purpose in the small photo pit areas. They seem to feel that this is their big moment and nobody is going to stop them being a music photographer... It's even funny when you see some of them standing in a kind of strange pose. The sort of pose you would do if you were trying to mimic a photographer.. But they are doing it for real.. Anyway, later when Paul Weller came on they had their 3 songs.. I was fortunate enough to be allowed to shoot the whole show.. So, had all the time and space needed... Paul Weller is amazing..
Paul Weller
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford
It was all well and good photographing Paul Weller today. However, more importantly, today is my little boy Jonathan's 18th Birthday.. So, Jono, your a big boy now.. I understand he is going camping with friends & My daughter as well.. God help the locals wherever they are going..