Thursday, July 07, 2005

Bombs & More Bombs

I woke up to news that London had been bombed.. I watched Sky News as it unfolded.. It was bloody horrible. Obviously, at first we had no clear idea what had happened or really where it had happened. There were so many differing reports and rumors..

I called and eventually managed to get through to my brother in law, Simon who works in Liverpool Street. He is an Oil Broker. He had go off one of those trains a few mins before. He couldn't make any out bound calls. He wanted to get out of London as quickly as possible. There were no trains or busses running in his area at all.. So, we suggested that he started walking North up the A10. I go in my car and a few hours later we met up at Tottenham. Right opposite the football ground.. I should have worn my Arsenal shirt.. Anyway, we then made our way out of the area. We also had the two Mark's with us. They work with Simon in town.. I dropped them off on the way.. I am glad it's all over for us.. Must be a very bad day for about 50 families right now who have lost someone.. No doubt that figure will rise.. All in all a pretty horrible day.. I should really be in LA.. It's a lot safer than London in every way..