Sunday, July 10, 2005

Cornbury Music Festival Day 2

Elvis Costello
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford
I travelled back up to Cornbury Park in the afternoon. Today Lucie Silvas, Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel and topping the bill, Elvis Costello.. It was a lovely sunny day, I think I caught the sun a bit.. very nice..

Got some shots of Lucie Silvas back stage and also had a chat with her. She was off to New York tomorrow for a showcase.. She already has a record deal out there. She should soon be pretty big out there.



I went back out the to stage and shot Steve Harley & Cockney rebel who were fantastic.. They really do have some great songs.. 'Come up and see me', 'Mr Soft' etc etc.. Brilliant songs..


Steve Harley
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford

Whilst I was waiting backstage I saw the familiar figure of Paddy (The Plank)Callaghan walking towards me.. I have known him for approximately 30 years, but each time we meet, I still have to introduce myself.. He and his brother Jim (Callagahn) used to do the security for The Who in the old days. I first met them when I was hanging out with Keith Moon in 1977 -1978. I then later toured with Bob Dylan in late 1978 and Jim was Bob's personal security. Both of them are really nice chaps.. Where was I ? Oh yes, back in 2005 and on a country estate called Cornbury Park.. Paddy and I were chatting, Elvis arrived with him and jumped out if his Mercedes with tinted windows.. We did a quick couple of photos and that was that. A short while later, we went down to the stage and shot Elvis.. His is bloody fabulous.. I then drove back to London... I did also take the unhappy camper, Micky Mocca ' King of The Jungle' This saved him walking about 30 miles through country lanes pulling his tent behind him.. He really should buy a jam jar (car for those who don't speak cockney rhyming slang).

Lucie Silvas
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford