Monday, July 11, 2005

Bright Eyes at Somerset House

Conor Oberst - Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford

I must admit, I had never heard of Bright Eyes.. However, I had vaguely heard of the main man in the band, Conor Oberst. Again, it was a really lovely evening.. I sat on the veranda out by the river Thames and waited for the call by security to come through and shoot the show.. I sat with a few other photographers while we waited.. I saw Johnny Borrell from Razorlight turn up at the gig.. We were near the guest entrance as well.. I had a chat with Johnny and made arrangements to shoot the next Razorlight gig later this week.. Johnny wants me to send him some of the photos we took up in the Arctic Circle a few weeks ago. Also, he would like some photos that I took at Live 8. I then photographed the show and jumped in my car and then sat in traffic for ages whilst attempting to make it to a meeting for which I was now very late.. London's roads are rather buggered up at the moment, mostly due to diversions because of the recent bombings..