Saturday, July 02, 2005

Diana Ross at The Palace

Very busy day today.. In and out of London.. The traffic was mad.. Not that I want to comment on the UK government's plans to charge drivers per mile.. When they do that, nearly everyone I know will leave. If they tried that in the USA the public wouldn't allow it.. In the UK ??? It probably will happen... It will be awful. Anyway, enough of my party political broadcast on behalf of the RANT party..

I was off to the Palace to photograph Diana Ross. No, not Buckingham, but Blenheim Palace in Woodstock, near Oxford, UK. It is the most wonderful setting for a concert.. This is the home of the Duke of Marlborough and the birth place of the one and only Sir Winston Churchill.. Its well worth a visit..

Diana Ross looked fantastic.. I say this all too often, but you all must agree she is a Legend.. A joy to photograph as she made it easy for me. She is very professional and seemed to know where the cameras were.. Diana Ross - Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford

The shame was that this was an outside concert and sadly it started to rain after about the 5th song.. I did have my all in one poncho that I bought for 3 pounds on the way in. I must have looked so bloody stupid.. It was bright yellow... You couldn't miss me..

Tomorrow is going to be a very very busy day as I am back down to Hyde Park in central London as I am shooting Live8..