Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Van The Man

After a mad morning, meetings etc.. I headed over to The Boogaloo in Highgate, in North London. There was a photoshoot taking place there. It was for Italian Vogue magazine.. They were shooting Shane MacGowan & Spider Stacey from the Pogues, Mick Jones from the Clash.. And Carl Barat & Pete Doherty from or more precisely, ex-Libertines. Now this must have been a real learning curve for the fashion world.. All was going swimmingly, until someone noticed that Pete wasn't there.. and knowing Pete as I do a little, he wasn't going to make it at all.. Surprise surprise, he didn't..

The seemed to be a few very stressed looking Italians and by the sound of a few other accents, Americans as well. I went and had a few words with Shane & Spider. Shane was completely, out of it.. He managed a 'Hello Danny' as his head then bounced back onto the table with a thud..

I said goodbye to Gerry O'Boyle, who, with his partner John, own the Boogaloo..

Off I went to Hampton Court Palace to photograph the one and only, Van Morrison.

Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford


What a fantastic setting. The home of King Henry VIII. It was a warm and sunny evening. Before the concert, thousands of people were picnicking around the grounds. Then after they all streamed into the open air arena and had taken their seats, on came Van.. I think I got some nice live shots of him.. I hope he likes them.. and in time I will find out.. We will see.


Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford