Wednesday, June 29, 2005

O2 Wireless Music Festival Day 3

Ian McCulloch
Echo & The Bunnymen
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford

Back to Hyde Park for the last two days of the O2 Wireless Music Festival.. Jon, my number one assistant, Dan Rogers and I arrived there late afternoon. We set ourselves up in the press room as usual.. I saw James Blunt standing in the marquee next to me being interviewed by TV crews, so I waited until they had finished and grabbed him for a quick shoot. We were chatting a bit while I did the shoot. Ii said here you were in the army James.. He said yes, that's right. But I am not in it now.. I said to him you don't say, I didn't think he had flown here in a Sherman tank.. Anyway, he is a nice geezer and seems to be on thecrest of a wave at the moment.

I then went and shot the first act on the main stage.. It was, funnily enough, James Blunt.. He seemed super confident. Today in the photo pit, there seems to be a lot of people shooting on Dixon's specials. Real cheap little cameras. How do they get passes??? They just seem to get in our way. They don't understand the protocol, if you know what I mean.. They stand in front of our lenses and knock into us.. Silly buggers....

I got back into the press room only to find that the festival was truly living up to its name. As Jon said to me this truly is the Wireless Festival. We have no wireless to send any images out on.. The internet was down, then on, then down, then on.. Great fun...

I managed to get some some shots of Rufus Wainwright in the marquee where he was being interviewed, simmilar to the James Blunt shots earlier..


Rufus Wainwright
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford








Gaz Coombes Supergrass
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford



Next up was Echo & The Bunneymen after them were, Rufus Wainwright, Supergrass & headlining were the fantastic, Keane.. One funny thing Rufus Wainwright said as in the middle of his first song, was ' I was molested in this park when I was a kid, its nice to be back' well he is a talented lad, but slighty off the wall.








Tom Chaplin of Keane
Copyright 2005 DannyClifford