Friday, June 24, 2005

O2 Wireless Music Festival


Sam Endicott - The Bravery


Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford

A lovely sunny day it seemed, until lunchtime.. Then over came those dark grey clouds.. At the same time I made my way to London's HydePark for the O2 Wireless Music Festival.. On my way in I bumped into Ray McVeigh. He was going in to see some mates of his performing.. After a bit if faffing about, being sent to different gates for passes.. At the third gate I was directed to, I met up with Raymondo, (www.raysgig.com) we finally got our passes and went in. I didn't get to say goodbye to Ray or Raymondo, as I think I walked off looking for the Press Office.. I must be going bit mad..
Bernard Sumner of New Order
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford
As soon as I had set my computer up and paid my London congestion charge, I was ready to take photos.. The first band up were The Bravery.. Then, Moby, Then last but not least, New Order.. There were two other stages, but the lighting was awful on both of them.. Hardly worth it.. Anyway, during the Bravery, it rained so heavily, that even with the aid of a plastic type of poncho, one of my cameras got very wet. It now shoots continually as soon as you switch it on.. It's kind of buggered.. I have now put it in the airing cupboard in hope that it dries out without a problem.. Failing that, it will be off for repair.. It's now 3 am on Saturday morning and just for a change, I am absolutely shattered.. I have to be up very early as I am off to the south coast, Bournemouth to be precise to do some filming. Not stills.. Then I race back up to London to shoot day two of the O2 Wireless Festival..


Moby
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford