Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Brian Wilson at Hampton Court Palace

I met up during the morning with the one and only Brian Wilson of The Beachboys.. We had arranged an exclusive photo shoot. We met at Hampton Court Palace, down by the River Thames in Surrey, UK.. A perfect setting.. We did the shoot on the grounds of Hampton Court Palace.

Brian Wilson
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford



In fact one part of the shoot with Brian sitting, was taken on the famous King Henry VIII Steps.. The is right underneath the room where Anne Bolyn was held prior to her execution in 1536. King Henry had Anne Bolyn beheaded for unfaithfulness. So watch out all of you philanderers... Anyway, Brian seemed to like doing the shoot..

Brian and I were talking a bit about his gig last year at The Royal Festival Hall, London.. I shot thsi show.. Brian said, "that show was amazing... I loved that show" mind you, so did I..

When we finished Brian went straight over the stage area and did the sound check.. This in itself was quite amazing. They ran through so many Beach Boys hits.. The band touring with Brian are so good.. They do actually sound better than the Beach Boys, in my opinion..

I went for a walk around the grounds of Hampton Court and bumped into my two mates Ray www.raysgigs.com and Malcolm. They were sitting out near hospitality.. Slowly sampling all of the wines on offer.. I hope they weren't driving home.. They seemed rather merry to say the least.

Malcolm & Raymondo (dangerous men, must not be approached)
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford





Time was rocking on and we all headed into the concert arena.. On the way in we bumped into James Quinton..Another music photgrapher.. and a rather good ona at that.. All four of us stumbled in to the arena. A few mins later on came Brian.. He was in spectacular form.. The crowd obviously loved him.. I know I say this a lot, but yet again a real Legend...

Brian Wilson
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford