Thursday, October 02, 2008

The Zimmers are back

I have just received in the post the new CD by the Zimmers. Some of you might remember that I was the photographer for a BBC documentary about the Zimmers. This was an elderly group of people trying to get themselves into the charts, which they did. They were then flown with the BBC documentary makers and me to Los Angeles to go on probably the biggest TV show in the world the Tonight show with Jay Leno. They shared the show with George Clooney and Rihanna. That was amazing enough, but now, they actually have an album out and it's great. Its called Lust for Life. Tracks like Queens, "We will Rock You" Three Steps to Heaven, My Way, Old and Wise and the Prodigy's "Firestarter", for which I directed the video which is also on the album. I know that some of the proceeds go to charity, so, get out there and buy one or two of them... Also on the album are about 28 of my photos, including the cover shot. The cover was shot on the Zebra crossing outside Abbey Road Studios during the documentary.