Monday, August 18, 2008

England Football team Training Session

Off to the training headquarters of the mighty Arsenal Football Club, where the England Team are training prior to a friendly game this Wednesday evening against the Czech Republic. I arrived at about 10am and after signing in with the FA I headed out to the training pitch. I waited for a while and then a nice big shiny red coach pulled up and off got the current England squad. They headed straight inside for a few mins then out they came and walked nice a gingerly onto the pitch. Out came Fabio Capello the new England manager and started to give them instructions as to how to train. David Beckham had made the trip from Los Angeles, which was nice. I always like photographing David. I got some nice shots of them all training and then towards the end of the session I saw god himself, Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger across the other side of the training pitch. Then Fabio Capello walked over to him and they wandered back together towards me and I shot them chatting on the way. It was raining most of the time and this well organised and clever photographer had forgotten to take anything to keep the rain off. In fact all I was wearing was a Tshirt. So, got soaked through.. nice eh