Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wembley and the Charity Shield

I was invited to Wembley to this years Charity Shield match by my cousin Peter Olsen. The game was between Manchester United and Portsmouth. I met Peter by Bobby Moore's bum. There is a statue of the one and only Mr Moore and Peter arranged to meet, yes, by his bum. Peter who lives in Hong Kong most of the time has bought a few of the executive boxes at the new Wembley stadium. Just what you would expect from a billionaire tax exile.
Peter Olsen
Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford













Peter and I are both Arsenal supporters and as we were not watching our team, I asked him who he wanted to win, as we sat in the seats waiting for the kick off, to which he replied "I hope they both lose". Peter does have a very dry sense of humour. The game was nil nil at full time and Manchester United finally won on penalties. It was a great to see Peter and nice not to be working for a change and relaxing watching football. Just a shame it wasnt Arsenal. Two other of Peters guests at Wembley were Alan Quested & Rob Betchley. I think they both went to the same school as Peter, but more importantly, they support Arsenal.
Alan Quested , Peter Olsen & Rob Betchley
Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford














We had a cold drink after the game and waited for the crowd to dissapear before we made our way to Wembley Park Station.
Peter Olsen
Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford













Peter was telling me how he was at Wembley on 31st July 1966 and watched the world cup final. That was for those of you who dont know, when England won the world cup. I think I got the date right, that must have been bloody brilliant. I was too young to have gone there. Oh what glory days eh!!