Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Nationwide Mercury Music Awards

It's that time of year again. It's the Nationwide Mercury Awards. Just for a change it was raining and we had to shoot the arrivals in horrible weather out in the open. After my past few days, I should be used to this now. Anyway, did the arrivals then went inside and shot the nominated artists in the press room. Finally went down to the main room and photographed the winners, Elbow. Nice guys and a great album, so, it was well deserved. Whilst I was there I bumped into Robert Plant and Alison Krauss. To be honest I am amazed that they didn't win it. I have the album and it is brilliant. I took a nice shot of Robert and Alison with the one and only Bill Curbishley.
Alison Krauss, Robert Plant & Bill Curbishley
Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford













I then headed back upstairs to do a shoot with Elbow who had just won the award.