Friday, October 03, 2008

The New Seekers - Sex Drugs n Rock n Roll ?

Well, here is a different one. I finally had the opportunity to meet up with The New Seekers they were performing in Chesham, Buckinghamshire. I have never seen them before. Although, I have met them as I did a photo shoot with them about a year ago. However, never seen them live, until now.
l-r Mick Flinn, Roger Walburn, Paul Layton
Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford














I arrived at the Elgiva Theatre and was met by their brilliant and dedicated manager, Nick. He then showed me through to the dressing room area. Mick "I Can Do That" Flinn and his wife Donna are good friend of ours and live locally. They are amongst the nicest people you could ever meet, so, it's is a pleasure doing this tonight. Whilst I am on the subject, the whole band are actually lovely people.
Mark Hankins
Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford














So, moving on, we did a few quick candid type shots in the dressing room and then it was off out as the show was about to begin. So, on they came and it seemed like hit after hit.
Mick Flinn & Donna Jones
Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford














I couldn't actually believe how many hits they had.

Paul Layton
Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford















There were the obvious hits like "teach the world to sing" which was a massive hit back in the 70's. I remember that as an advert for Coca Cola. Also, "Beg Steal of Borrow", there were loads of others as well.
Francine Rees
Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford




















The show was brilliant. After the show we all headed back to Mick & Donna's house for a real late night mad one. Yes, real rock n roll .... We had pizza's and tea. Not quite the same as my late nights with Pete Doherty and the like. In fact I can honestly say I didn't miss the smell of Crack burning away on Pete Doherty's pipe, making me feel like I wanted to heave up. This was nice friendly relaxed and civilised. How refreshing. In fact so much so, I think I will go again to their gig tomorrow night in Radlett, Hertfordshire and take the family!