Sunday, June 24, 2007

Glastonbury Day Three

I got up, had breakfast in the restaurant at my hotel. Then got back to my room and continued sending photos out. I had to rush back to Glastonbury, as I had to meet my mate Paul who is dealing Dame Shirley Bassey's press. It was arranged with Dame Shirley that I was to shoot from on stage. So, I was the only photographer allowed on the stage. I did get some nice shots.. I must say, she was fantastic. What a voice, what a performer..I know I seem to say this a lot, but, she is a Real Legend.. After her performance, we went back to her dressing room area. I then said my goodbyes to all of her people and I rushed back to the press room, where I sent out my photos. This all took some time and before I knew where I was, it was time for The Who. They were headlining on the Pyramid stage. I was led through the rain and mud and again, I was the only photographer allowed to shoot from the stage. Sadly, this wasn't the best place to shoot from on this occasion, I think it would have been better if I was up higher on the side of the stage. There were areas there where a few privileged people could watch the show from. I wasn't allowed up there. The Who were bloody fantastic as usual. Truly sensational. I shot as much as I could and then legged it out and into the bloody horrible rain. I then had about an hour's walk through deep and slippery mud, to my car. It was quite a surreal time. Finally I reached my car and quickly managed to get my car out of the field without getting stuck in the mud. I then got on my way back in the direction of London.. I was in for yet another late night, getting back at about 2am and then spent another few hours editing photos and syndicating them..