Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Peter Green & Chris Cornell Live in London

The day started quite early for me. I had loads of admin to do, then grabbed my cameras and rushed into Soho in central London. I had to get to the Soho Screening Rooms to see the preview of the life story of the Legend, Peter Green. The film is called "Man of The World" For those of you who don't know, Peter was the founder of Fleetwood Mac. A band that in the late 60's were selling more records than The Beatles and The Rolling Stones. So, I arrived in Soho and headed into the Screening Rooms reception. When I arrived I was offered Champagne etc. Which would have been good if I had accepted as I haven't drunk for about 20 years. I would have fallen over. It would have been funny I suppose. Peter Green was already there and sitting with some family members. It wasn't long before Peter and I went off outside into the street and did a very quick photo shoot. I found a door right nearby that had a kind psychedelic feel about it. So, I asked Peter to stand in front of that for me for a few shots.

Peter Green
Copyright 2007 Danny Clifford



















Then we walked over the road and found a kind of mews street. I was chatting to Peter on the way and asked him how he was doing, generally. He replied "I have my ups and downs". Peter did leave Fleetwood Mac and got to deeply involved in the world of LSD and other drugs. Some say that left him with serious mental issues and schizophrenia. He spent many years in a mental home etc. So, that is what I think he was referring to when he said having his ups and downs. He is such a nice sweet man, and very quiet.
Peter Green
Copyright 2007 Danny Clifford













We did a shoot in the mews street and then headed back into the viewing rooms.
Peter Green
Copyright 2007 Danny Clifford













Everyone was waiting for us to return and we then went straight into the cinema area. It was all very nice and plush. Then we saw a45 min edit of the Peter Green Story "Man of The World".

Well, it was absolutely fantastic. I was so impressed with it. I just wanted to see more. Peter was sitting just behind me. At the end we left and went out to the reception area. On the way out I was chatting to Peter and I asked him if he enjoyed it. He looked at me and said "it was interesting" I suppose for him it was. But it was also interesting for me. I was given a full length DVD of the film as I left. It was the full length 2.5 hours worth. I then got back to my car and headed fast out of town to Hottwire.

When I got back I sent out all of my photos of Peter and then grabbed my cameras and headed back into London to shoot Chris Cornell.
Chris Cornell
Copyright 2007 Danny Clifford


















The gig was at The Astoria, about 1/2 a mile from the Soho Screening Room. I should have stayed in London all day. But sadly had to much to do at Hottwire.
Chris Cornell
Copyright 2007 Danny Clifford



















Chris Cornell came on late. Whilst I was waiting in the photo pit, Sue Moore, Awais, George Chin arrived. Then Ross Halfin arrived. Ross had been backstage with Chris Cornell and told me that Chris had arrived late from Paris as Chris's wife had a bit of late shopping to do before they left. So, we all stood waiting for the man himself. Eventually he can on stage and we all got on with it. Lighting wasn't too bad. I have seen worse. Mind you, I have seen a lot better.
Chris Cornell
Copyright 2007 Danny Clifford













I left and headed back out of town to Hottwire HQ. I arrived there at about 11:30 and worked until about 3am. Totally shattered and then went and crashed for the night.