Friday, June 22, 2007

Glastonbury Day One

Mud,mud, mud... and more mud.. Its a bit of a joke trying to work in these conditions, but, I say that every time. So far, it isn't as bad as Fuji Rock festival in Japan, when a Typhoon comes through.. Or just constant downpours soaking me and my cameras through... That ain't fun. Anyway, shot a few people backstage. Had a nice time with Peter Doherty and Kate Moss. We were in one of the many bars areas. Mind you Kate didn't want to hang around for too long so they headed back to there motor home.. I also shot the headliners, The Arctic Monkeys, who are bloody fantastic. That reminds me, I must buy their new CD. When I finally got back to my hotel in Bristol, I walked into the hotel foyer covered in mud. I bumped into Gary Powell, drummer with Dirty Pretty Things (ex Libertines) and all round good guy. He thought it was funny that I was so muddy. I checked in and headed off to my room. I got into the shower fully clothed and stood there for about 10 mins.. I had so much mud on my Timberland boots, that I stood there and washed them off and then slowly managed to get clean.. Oh what a nice feeling that was.. I had a lovely big double bed, wi-fi mini bar, 24hour room service and all usual comforts of this type of hotel. As I lay there in my bed, I could help thinking about all of my photographer mates who had decided to camp at Glastonbury... I don't envy them at all.