Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Diana Ross in London

Arrived at Wembley Arena in a bit of a rush. As soon as I got my pass I walked through security and we were all let towards the photo pit. We were then informed that we were shooting from stage left. There were about 15 of us and this was going to be a bit difficult. In fact the angle that we were given to shoot and the space, was rather awkward to say the least. Anyway, Diana was running late and we were standing in front of some very polite people on the front row. They must have paid quite a lot of money to be there and there we were standing in there way. Oh well, it wasn't our fault, we were put there by security. However, I did feel a bit bad for them. I did apologise a few times. Anyway, Diana eventually came on and for most of the first song, she stood behind the drums. That was nice for us, NOT. She did then come down to the front of the stage and then we had a reasonably clear line to her. But the lighting want great at all. We were told we could use flash, but I really don't like that, if I can help it. We shot the first 3 songs the left swiftly. I then headed into London to meet up with a few people in the media industry who were having a drink in Clerkenwell. The is was all very nice. Later in the early hours we ended up in a Karaoke bar. Well you can guess the rest... Got home very late. Put all cameras on charge etc. I don't know what I am shooting next, but, they need to be all charged up and ready to go.