Monday, August 14, 2006

Ibiza attempt number 2

I had been up all night. I was so tired, I arrived at London Stansted airport at about 1am. Why do they call it London Stansted.. It's knowhere near London... Anyway, got there and waited for the check in desk to open. We were told to get there 3 hours plus before the flight. This was gonna be fun, not. So, got on the flight only carring my big clear plastic bag. Mind you the security level was sligtly reduced as I was allowed to take my mobile phone with me. But, no carry on luggage at all. So, cameras, laptop and accessiories were all checked into the hold.. This was and is now a big worry for me and I suppose all other travelling photographers. The last place we want to put our cameras and computers is in the hold. Not to mention, at the mercy of those nice baggage handlers who handle the bags so gently and never try and open them. Anyway, I arrived in Ibiza and tried to find myself a hotel room. The purpose of my trip is that Babyshambles are supposed to be playing at Bar M in San Antonio in Ibiza. So, after a little while found a room and then headed off to Bar M to check out the venue. A few mins after finding the hotel, I got a text from Adam Ficek, the drummer in Babyshambles, he said that the gig was off. Well, that was that. I then fouund out that Peached Gelfdof was doing a DJ set at Bar M tonight. I thought I may as well photograph that. So, arrived there at about 10 and did some pictures of Peaches. Then I did some shots of her with here friend Fifi Brown, who with Peaches are know as 'Trash Pussies'.. After this I headed off to my hotel. By now it was very late and I did need some bloody sleep. It felf like I hadnt slept for a week.