Saturday, July 01, 2006

Roger Waters at Hyde Park London

This is the first of two days of a new festival Hyde Park Calling. This has been arranged by 'Hard Rock'. It was a lovely hot day in central London. England were playing Portugal in the world cup and I managed to get near a TV in the Hard Rock hospitality tent. I missed shooting Texas, but unfortunatly, I really needed to see as much of that game as possible... Well, true to form, we lost on penalties... Now there is a suprise, England lose on penalties !!!!

I was really looking forward to seeing Roger Waters. Funnily enough, the last time I photographed him was on the same stage here at Hyde Park. That was almost a year ago to the day at Live 8. This was when the four members, Roger Waters, Dave Gilmour, Nick Mason & Richard Wright got back together for the first time in 20 plus years for a one off gig for Live 8. I dont know what Live 8 actually achieved. I really dont, but I did get some great photos that day, so, I am alright jack... No, I dont mean that. But I cannot see any good that has come from it really.