Sunday, June 25, 2006

Harewood House Leeds - Yorkshire UK

Photographed The Who in Leeds for the second weekend in a row. This time it wasnt at the University, but outside at Harewood House. The Flaming Lips were main support. I love this band, they are one of the most entertaining bands I have seen. I was on stage for this one, as I wanted to get some nice shots of Wayne Coyne surfing around the crowd in his transparent giant ball. This made for a dramtic photo I thought. I must buy there latest cd. There misic is also fantastic and in fact very different. After the entertaining Flaming Lips had retreated to their dressing rooms. On came The Who.. I have to say, everytime I see them live I get a real thrill. They are very special. I know to some it is nt the same without Keith Moon and John Entwhistle, but, Zak Starkey is such an amazing drummer and Pino Palladino along with Simon Townshend & Rabbit are all bloody brilliant. So, all in all five stars for them.. After the gig, I mad a run for it and got out of Harewood House just before the l;ast song. This meant that I didnt have to wait wtuck in all of the traffic for house on end whe were trying to get out. I did hear that some peopple got stuck for 3 hours of so before they could get out onto the main road outside Harewood House.. Anyway, I belted it straight out of Leeds and headed off south to London..